Please be mindful of the following 95 Express guidelines:
- The express lanes are for long distance trips.
- Once you enter the express lanes:
- You cannot exit until the end.
- You cannot cut through the plastic poles to break out of the express lanes.
- If you find yourself in the express lanes by accident, remain calm. Drive through to the end.
- If you get confused, DO NOT STOP at any time whether in the general purpose lanes or express lanes.
- Weaving in and out of the express lanes is illegal. Drivers who do:
- Could cause crashes and
- Will be subject to fines and incur points on their licenses.
- Be alert and pay attention to all advisories, signage, pavement markings and posted speed limits.
- Tolls are collected electronically, so toll-paying drivers need to own and display a SunPass transponder which can be purchased at Publix, CVS Pharmacies or Turnpike service plazas.
- If you unintentionally enter the 95 Express lanes and are not a registered 95 Express toll-free user or a SunPass customer, you are still obligated to pay the toll. Toll payment instructions are available in the “Violations and Enforcement” section on this site.
- If you are involved in a crash or your vehicle breaks down in the express lanes, pull to the left shoulder if you are able and dial *FHP (*347) on your cellphone. An operator will assist you and dispatch help. Wait in your vehicle with the doors locked. Do not stand behind your car or next to the lane of moving traffic.
For more information about the purpose of the new 95 Express program and how it works call 1-877-95X-FDOT or 1-877-959-3368.